DRAGSTAR - Gathering all CARS & BIKES FANATICS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DRAGSTAR - Gathering all CARS & BIKES FANATICS

Singapore Cars and Bikes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Engine Flushes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
avielboys
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator
avielboys

Male
Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2009-02-10

Engine Flushes Empty
PostSubject: Engine Flushes   Engine Flushes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 5:27 pm

Hi folks,
being in diy maintenance mode whole month liaoz, i decided recently to check out 2 brands of engine flushes, I have 4 cars which 2 of them have been in circulation for at least 12years and above.

My 2 rides:

• Proton Wira 1995 1.5GL Carburetter Manual 5spd Sedan 4door
  • Toyota Corolla 1996 1.6 SEG AE111 Injection Auto 4spd Sedan 4door

2 brands I am researching on atm:

• D'Carbo (RM$43) - a type of engine flush I found online on Lowyat Forums
  • Amsoil Engine Flush (SG$18) - a particular brand trusted by my friend who drives a Hyundai Verna

Review on D'Carbo
Gotten my hands on 1 bottle from the JB agent for RM$43 to try out. Instructions are very simple, open filter, engine idle, off aircon, pour slowly, wait 15mins, rev car until no smoke. I did the whole process according to directions given, the smoke came out almost immediately and i realised that the average temp of my car is slightly lowered, but no sure if its becos of the D'Carbo or the aircon not turned on. Turn off the engine after no more smoke from car, now awaiting FC results in about a week to see if it will help in FC. The sound of the engine is slightly more smoother than before and lesser vibration felt. Stay tuned.

Review on Amsoil Engine Flush
Awaiting for product to be passed to me by my friend in Singapore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.powerpackengineering.blogspot.com
bluecity
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator
bluecity

Male
Number of posts : 277

Engine Flushes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Flushes   Engine Flushes Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:35 pm

bro.. you sure what you have don't is a engine flush process?

Seems like it's a carb cleaning process instead.

Engine flush don't open up filter. If you open up the filter and pour or spray any agent into it. It's know as carb flushing or carb cleaning process. It clean the carb and the combustion chamber. It will not affect all the way to the engine.

Engine flush is some fluid that you actually pour into the engine and let it run for a while and drain them out. That is just 1 way. Another way is using a machine to suck and pour in and continue the process a few time till the engine oil out is clean. And these are engine flush process.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brisk.com.sg
avielboys
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator
avielboys

Male

Engine Flushes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Flushes   Engine Flushes Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 12:43 pm

yeah i let it run for 15mins wor ...

anyway, thats is what claimed by the seller ... i am only trying to prove if its works Smile

acording to your explanation, then the seller might be giving the wrong explanation ... then at least the amsoil one cant be wrong then ...

oh well, at least let the bros here know that the Dcarbo is actually only a carbie cleaner ...
Back to top Go down
avielboys
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator
avielboys

Male

Engine Flushes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Flushes   Engine Flushes Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 10:39 pm

ok dcarbo is not really an engine flush ... just mere carbon cleaner ... esp off the cylinder mainly ... a bit off the valves and head but nothing else ... but i did experienced slightly better torque off my wira after i used it and also the exhaust muffler sounds muddy ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Engine Flushes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Engine Flushes   Engine Flushes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Engine Flushes
Page 1 of 1