DRAGSTAR - Gathering all CARS & BIKES FANATICS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DRAGSTAR - Gathering all CARS & BIKES FANATICS

Singapore Cars and Bikes

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

SingNet BoardBand Users.

Go down 
+2
silverspoon
bluecity
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bluecity
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator
bluecity

Male
Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2009-02-10

SingNet BoardBand Users. Empty
PostSubject: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 7:26 pm

Dear All,

I started this thread for all SNBB user to share, discuss and exhange information about your current boardband issue.

Ok, I roll the ball 1st.

I am a 1MB user. For the passed 2 years... the 1st time I signed up for my very 1st boardband and it's with SingNet. I was given a Thomson Speedtouch.. those smalll little box type. Well, I am very with the performance. After few months later, I visited the PC show and get myself a linksys wireless router. Switch my speedtouch modem to bridge mode to get it communicate with my linksys wireless router and yup.. very satisfy overall. Very stable too.

But just this month my contract comes to end and I reconnected with the same 1MB (cheaper subscription) and I get a free intregrated MIO box wireless modem. But I didn't take up the MIO plan as I am not fond of it.

So, happily... after I received the MIO Box modem.. I disconnected all my old modem and router. Start up the CD. NBz.... half with the CD ran.. it stop liao. Called up Tech Service.. do this do that. Cannot help. They send down a tech and yes my problem solve in last then 15mins.

Now.. I am already using this new MIO box wireless integrated modem liao. But I feels something not right. My signal is Excellent. But connection speed seems to gong high and low. Sometime its at 54kbps and if I idea for a while.. it drop till 24kbps. Well of course until I finish typing a email and click send.... Error page appear due to out of connection.

Damn.. so far anybody else have this problem? Feels like switch back to my old modem and wireless router.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brisk.com.sg
silverspoon
130km/hr
130km/hr
silverspoon

Male
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 12:11 am

I am also a SNBB user for many years... from wat you have described, it could be the fault of the new modem..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
bluecity
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator
bluecity

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2009 8:35 pm

silverspoon wrote:
I am also a SNBB user for many years... from wat you have described, it could be the fault of the new modem..... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

bro.. so what modem you are using all these while?
Back to top Go down
silverspoon
130km/hr
130km/hr
silverspoon

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 11:57 am

bluecity wrote:
silverspoon wrote:

bro.. so what modem you are using all these while?

I am still using the Thomson Speedtouch wireless modem since day one..... Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ok5859
P Plater
P Plater
ok5859

Male
Number of posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 3:45 pm

bluecity wrote:
Dear All,

I started this thread for all SNBB user to share, discuss and exhange information about your current boardband issue.

Ok, I roll the ball 1st.

I am a 1MB user. For the passed 2 years... the 1st time I signed up for my very 1st boardband and it's with SingNet. I was given a Thomson Speedtouch.. those smalll little box type. Well, I am very with the performance. After few months later, I visited the PC show and get myself a linksys wireless router. Switch my speedtouch modem to bridge mode to get it communicate with my linksys wireless router and yup.. very satisfy overall. Very stable too.

But just this month my contract comes to end and I reconnected with the same 1MB (cheaper subscription) and I get a free intregrated MIO box wireless modem. But I didn't take up the MIO plan as I am not fond of it.

So, happily... after I received the MIO Box modem.. I disconnected all my old modem and router. Start up the CD. NBz.... half with the CD ran.. it stop liao. Called up Tech Service.. do this do that. Cannot help. They send down a tech and yes my problem solve in last then 15mins.

Now.. I am already using this new MIO box wireless integrated modem liao. But I feels something not right. My signal is Excellent. But connection speed seems to gong high and low. Sometime its at 54kbps and if I idea for a while.. it drop till 24kbps. Well of course until I finish typing a email and click send.... Error page appear due to out of connection.

Damn.. so far anybody else have this problem? Feels like switch back to my old modem and wireless router.

seems like lots of ppl having the same issue...my colleagues oso kpkb.
Back to top Go down
bluecity
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator
bluecity

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2009 10:05 pm

hiaz... i think this MIO Box really Sucks!.
Back to top Go down
wpyeo
P Plater
P Plater

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:01 pm

i had been using as-see-vee before it became stuckhard.. so far no problem.. and my old cable modem is still running perfectly! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bluecity
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator
bluecity

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 5:07 pm

SCV no problem. I am referring to Singnet Board Band.
Back to top Go down
wpyeo
P Plater
P Plater

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 2:54 pm

bluecity wrote:
SCV no problem. I am referring to Singnet Board Band.
i've nv trusted singnag... lol!
Back to top Go down
ok5859
P Plater
P Plater
ok5859

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:47 pm

me 2
Back to top Go down
bluecity
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator
bluecity

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:22 pm

So, seems like Singnet really that sucks?
Back to top Go down
ok5859
P Plater
P Plater
ok5859

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:44 pm

not really but pretty much depend on your luck.
Back to top Go down
silverspoon
130km/hr
130km/hr
silverspoon

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 4:49 pm

Singnet ok.... MIO TV then sucks... Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
bluecity
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator
bluecity

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 8:59 am

I have a few fren on those MIO thingy... almost everytime i have tea with them, they will start to complaint about the package.

The Singnet thing, i think it's also siao siao. yesterday, everything ok.
Back to top Go down
silverspoon
130km/hr
130km/hr
silverspoon

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 5:38 pm

bluecity wrote:
I have a few fren on those MIO thingy... almost everytime i have tea with them, they will start to complaint about the package.

The Singnet thing, i think it's also siao siao. yesterday, everything ok.

Intermitten faults are the most headache part.... You wouldn't know when to expect what... Haiz... No No
Back to top Go down
king_ziege
king_ziege

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:04 pm

I am using SGBB since day 1 i know abt internet. The network is good i must admit but i cannot tahan their technical and after sales services.

1 year will break dwn 1 or 2 times which is ok for me. But to get the assistance to resolve it, i alway vomit blood.

Min waiting on the phone to speak to someone is abt 30mins... holding the damn fone tilll tulan. But the best part is... it will auto hang up. Making me like a fool to call and wait again.

Requested a call back from them but will nvm call,
Wrote in to complaint will nv be follow up or reply,
Wasted my hp bill just to wait on phone!!! ahahhaahhaa

Willbe switching when my contract ends... coz SH is offering FREE residential phone!!! Some more my hp, scv and internet will get a XX% off tital bill. Why not? Save and save!!! = Huat arh! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ok5859
P Plater
P Plater
ok5859

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:56 pm

network good meh Question
Back to top Go down
valenexodus
Commitee Member
Commitee Member
valenexodus

Male
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:45 am

i using SH hee.... the premium one (not Ultimate)

Not bad la, but sometimes internet slow until can curse and swear
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=631332956&r
bluecity
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator
bluecity

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 4:51 pm

now SNBB seems to be smooth liao. Now it's fast and good.
Back to top Go down
valenexodus
Commitee Member
Commitee Member
valenexodus

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 11:02 pm

Really? But i hate the mio tv thing.

Anyway, for cable stuff, i prefer SH to singnet.

Do you experience lag spikes on ur SNBB? How about connection errors sometimes?
Back to top Go down
bluecity
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator
bluecity

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 11:01 pm

Connection error.. so far I didn't encounter that. But for lag wise... yes, I do agree...something it do happened.
Back to top Go down
valenexodus
Commitee Member
Commitee Member
valenexodus

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:09 am

bluecity wrote:
Connection error.. so far I didn't encounter that. But for lag wise... yes, I do agree...something it do happened.

Don't you hate it when lag spikes kicks in?

You cannot surf ANYTHING at all haha. Damn irritating, but i believe it is present for ALL cable connections. Sure got their bad days one Wink
Back to top Go down
bluecity
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator
bluecity

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:16 am

valenexodus wrote:
bluecity wrote:

You cannot surf ANYTHING at all haha. Damn irritating, but i believe it is present for ALL cable connections. Sure got their bad days one Wink

I using wireless.. just said ok only.. yesterday nite the connection speed slow down again. damn.
Back to top Go down
ok5859
P Plater
P Plater
ok5859

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 11:48 am

bluecity wrote:
valenexodus wrote:
bluecity wrote:

I using wireless.. just said ok only.. yesterday nite the connection speed slow down again. damn.

Sometimes a simple on and off your modem may help.
Back to top Go down
valenexodus
Commitee Member
Commitee Member
valenexodus

Male

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:14 pm

ok5859 wrote:
bluecity wrote:
valenexodus wrote:
bluecity wrote:

Sometimes a simple on and off your modem may help.

Agreed, but it only works some times.... Sometimes when you connection on for very long time, it always seem to slow down. Just off modem wait a bit then on it back, sometimes it'll just improve immdediately. But if all else fails, its not your house problem, it could be the underground cables experiencing periods of high resistance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SingNet BoardBand Users.   SingNet BoardBand Users. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SingNet BoardBand Users.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next