DRAGSTAR - Gathering all CARS & BIKES FANATICS

Singapore Cars and Bikes
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 H.I.D Light

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin


Male
Number of posts : 161
Age : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: H.I.D Light   Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:27 pm

Anyone using this illegally and din get caught b4 or pass inspection?

I am thinking of installing with our bro clarkewan... but kinda of worried of the consequses...

Pls kindly advise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dragstar.forumotion.com
marcng
P Plater
P Plater


Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-02-15

PostSubject: Re: H.I.D Light   Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:07 pm

i used HID for 2 yrs in my previous ride never got caught in SG b4...only in MY....
now current ride still using normal oem yellow blubs...dun want to get wanted problems in MY..cos i often travel there..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avielboys
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator


Male
Number of posts : 187
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: H.I.D Light   Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:03 am

i think depends on what car you driving and what rating of bulbs you use.

4300k bulbs are almost as close you can get to normal bulbs. Just dun need to use 12000k can liaoz cos these blind pple ...

some new cars comes with built in HID so you can argue your case thru ... but if you drive old cars eg. proton your chances of getting caught is almost 100%.

The polis in malaysia wunt try their lucky with new cars with HID in case they mess up, however due to the fact that singaporeans are loaded, they will try anything with a S plated car. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.powerpackengineering.blogspot.com
valenexodus
Commitee Member
Commitee Member


Male
Number of posts : 375
Age : 32
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: H.I.D Light   Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:49 pm

Yep, i'm using a Osram NightBreaker which is 4300k, its perfectly fine, brighter for me but doesn't blind the drivers in front or opposing traffic.

One thing to take note, in order to be a little safer and considerate, if you change to possibly blinding bulbs, go adjust the shiny portion in the headlamp to dip the lights a little so you don't kill pple =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=631332956&r
king_ziege
Moderator
Moderator


Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: H.I.D Light   Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:52 pm

valenexodus wrote:
Yep, i'm using a Osram NightBreaker which is 4300k, its perfectly fine, brighter for me but doesn't blind the drivers in front or opposing traffic.

One thing to take note, in order to be a little safer and considerate, if you change to possibly blinding bulbs, go adjust the shiny portion in the headlamp to dip the lights a little so you don't kill pple =)

Axxxx wanna blind ppl de la...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
valenexodus
Commitee Member
Commitee Member


Male
Number of posts : 375
Age : 32
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: H.I.D Light   Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:14 pm

Yep i know but just an advice hoping those HID pple don't be so mean =D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=631332956&r
avielboys
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator


Male
Number of posts : 187
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: H.I.D Light   Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:24 am

i get blinded all the time when driving along those dark no street lamps roads in malaysia ...

my solution, high beam the fellow to let him wake up his idea ...

mainly is because if i am blinded, there is a chance i head towards the right onto his path, end up accident ... i have no insurance so anything happens to me, i have nothing to claim ...

there are still some stubborn drivers who will put up 12000 k bulbs ... dun noe whats the point of doing so ... maybe they wanna claim their disability welfare $$ ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.powerpackengineering.blogspot.com
silverspoon
130km/hr
130km/hr


Male
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: H.I.D Light   Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:46 pm

avielboys wrote:
i get blinded all the time when driving along those dark no street lamps roads in malaysia ...

my solution, high beam the fellow to let him wake up his idea ...

mainly is because if i am blinded, there is a chance i head towards the right onto his path, end up accident ... i have no insurance so anything happens to me, i have nothing to claim ...

there are still some stubborn drivers who will put up 12000 k bulbs ... dun noe whats the point of doing so ... maybe they wanna claim their disability welfare $$ ?

6K bulbs are more then sufficient.... 12K is too over kill... No No
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avielboys
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator


Male
Number of posts : 187
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: H.I.D Light   Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:47 pm

now i go a rumor, that you can put 8k bulb or any rating bulb and still wunt be too bright for oncoming traffic ...

tint the headlight. ... i heard this from an accessory shop boss ... anyone can confirm on this ???
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.powerpackengineering.blogspot.com
silverspoon
130km/hr
130km/hr


Male
Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-02-14

PostSubject: Re: H.I.D Light   Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:20 pm

avielboys wrote:
now i go a rumor, that you can put 8k bulb or any rating bulb and still wunt be too bright for oncoming traffic ...

tint the headlight. ... i heard this from an accessory shop boss ... anyone can confirm on this ???

Huh..... Change to a bright bulb but tint it..... like that might as well use a not so bright bulb.... Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
avielboys
O.J.T Moderator
O.J.T Moderator


Male
Number of posts : 187
Age : 37
Registration date : 2009-02-10

PostSubject: Re: H.I.D Light   Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:36 pm

wait till i get my fog lamp projector will aim it to hit others ... hehehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.powerpackengineering.blogspot.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: H.I.D Light   Today at 6:19 am

Back to top Go down
 
H.I.D Light
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» LED Rear Tail Light Option
» Warning light 11
» Warning light problem
» Check Engine Light, Need help!! :(!! P0440 P1448
» Low Coolant light, intermittent behavior?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DRAGSTAR - Gathering all CARS & BIKES FANATICS :: Performance, Technical and Cars Related :: Others-
Jump to: